I could bore you with all of the NASTY details of going to court, but let’s face it; in the end, if you have to keep chasing someone to ensure your child is taken care of, you’ll end up neglecting yourself in some way, and ultimately not find a means to be independent — both financially, and mentally — and, you cannot put a price on freedom.
In summary, however, my story goes something like this:
- I proposed a minimal child support amount — to be settled out of court.
- My proposal wasn’t accepted. We went to court. The court granted me a greater amount.
- I received consistent payment for about 2 years — deducted directly from paycheck.
- Payment stopped. Why? You can’t deduct from a paycheck that doesn’t exist.
- Child support is in arrears and keeps piling up; every now and then I MIGHT see $25 or so per month. When the court threatens jail or fine, I might see a lump sum of maybe $300, after several months have passed.
- I’ve listened to stories of other moms whose child support arrears are 5x (or more!) as much as mine.
Yes, my son IS entitled to child support, but I can’t raise a champion, if I’m busy chasing a dead end. So, I’ve moved on. However, I needed to find a way to make extra cash, and I needed to do so relatively quickly — and without taking a night job. I had to think outside of the box… and… I found something!
I’ve found a way to make extra income from WITHIN my home, or practically anywhere I go. I learned how to mock the economy! The results: within just a month I made MORE than the court-ordered child support amount! What’s more, I can make that extra cheddar — and be financially independent, and mentally free.
Court is ALWAYS ugly, and I simply prefer to move on. However, if you’re a parent who is dealing with the stress of court battles over child support, I would be happy to share my court experiences with you directly to help answer any questions you may have. We can initially connect via email at email@example.com.
I’m raising a champion, so I intend to be one, myself.